The Urology Department at Mount Sinai traces its history back to 1890 when a Skin and Venereal Disease Clinic was established. In 1895 an inpatient Genitourinary Service was created within the Department of Surgery. In 1942, Urology became a separate department within The Mount Sinai Hospital. In 1985 the Department was endowed and re-named the Milton and Carroll Petrie Department of Urology.

Collections in this community